Zendura Thermoformable Sheet Materials are intended for prescription use in the fabrication of orthodontic and dental appliances.
Zendura® Thermoformable Sheet Materials allow the fabrication of orthodontic and dental appliances such as aligners, bite plates, mouthguards, nightguards, snoring appliances, splints, retainers, repositioners, and temporary bridges.
This material is contraindicated for patients with a history of allergic reaction to plastics.
Excessive heating time during thermoforming will cause plastic to sag with possible risk of injury to operator.
Zendura is provided pre-dried in high barrier packaging and should be thermoformed within 15 minutes of opening its protective pouch.
1. The model should be well cured and dry.
2. The model should be trimmed to be around 20-25mm (3/4"—1") high.
3. Assemble any specialized attachment geometry to the model.
4. Fill in any holes or undercuts with blockout material and let dry.
5. Suggested: Coat the model with mold release agent to prevent the appliance from sticking to the model and let dry.
1. Turn on the thermoformer and enter correct code or heating time for Zendura sheet (see chart below).
2. Thermoform using a pressure of 4 bar (60 psi) or above. A higher pressure is preferable.
3. Preheat the thermoformer before placing the model on the platform.
4. Open foil pouch. Place the Zendura sheet on the thermoforming frame.
5. Swing the heating element over the Zendura sheet to begin heating until the sheet is ready to be formed. The sheet is ready to be formed when it sags 12mm to 20mm (½” to ¾”).
6. Move the heating element away from the sheet.
7. Form Zendura sheet over the model with pressurized air and allow the part to cool before handling.
8. Trim and finish the appliance (see next section).
9. Wash Zendura appliance with mild soap such as 2% Liquinox and rinse well with water before delivering.
2. Trim off extra parts with crown & bridge scissors or trimming burs.
3. Polish the edges of Zendura appliance with an edge polisher at a speed of around 10,000 rpm.
4. Rinse Zendura appliance with cool water and mild soap before delivering.
Note: Heating times vary between different machines.
Note: Since Zendura is engineered to have exceptionally high strength, learning to fabricate appliances with this material may require some experimentation. We encourage you to visit www.ZenduraDental.com/pages/resources for tips on trimming and finishing this material.
MiniSTAR, MiniSTAR S and Biostar are trademarks of Scheu Dental Technology. Drufomat Scan is trademark of Dreve Dentamid. Erkodent is trademark of ERKODENT Erich Kopp GmbH.
Click here to download print-ready PDF of IFU covering these Zendura SKUs: 9156, 9157, 9163, 9164, 9169, 9171, 9190, 9191, 9192, 9193, 9196.
Click here to download print-ready PDF of IFU covering these Zendura FLX SKUs: 9204, 9207, 9229.
Click here to download print-ready PDF of IFU covering Zendura AT: SKU 9206.
Contact us for additional support.